Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Absentee Blogger

First, my apologies. I could tell you my sob story. Full time nurse, going back to school getting by BSN. Full time mother and wife with two teenagers actively in sports. In the end it was a struggle to get everything done and the crafty side of me paid the price. But 2014 is looking great. This semester I am taking one less class and have been successfully getting back to my sewing.

First project. Cargo Duffel Pattern by Anna Graham of Noodlehead for Robert Kaufman. I fell in LOVE with the bag the first time I saw it. She presented this item on her blog in October 2013. I finally completed it February 2014. Tah Dah!


It's quilted and all!  It took a while, right. Another fine lesson learned. Always read the instructions first, might save you on mistakes later and time.  I learned "quilt as you go" does not mean quilt every piece an then sew them together later. Then the top gusset and bottom gusset once sewn together was short. I had to pleat both the front and back piece in order for it to fit. The construction of this bag was a true learning experience. What made things worst for me is Anna Graham made two more one for each of her daughters before I'd finished my first one. Not to mention all the other projects she did in between. She truly inspires me to be more creative.


The fabric is from Joann's.


The inside seams are covered in bias tape. So cool Right!
I even matched the flowers.



My baby not such a baby models my bag for me. Thank you Sarah.  So what's next. I joined a bag of the month club. It started in January with the Bye-Bye Love bag from Sew Sweetness. There is still time to join.  And you guessed it I am late. February's bag is out.  February's designer is Janelle Mackay of Emmaline bags.  So look forward to me catching up on my sewing hopefully before March.




And as always, thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bag of the month January completed.

I know, I know. I'm late. Sorry! School takes up a lot of my time but with the my new years resolutions I promised to get back to me. Me...